The musings, antics and general escapades of a royal pug and her minions.
Two humans, and two more pugs

our fabulous friends

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wilma's Wednesday Words of Wisdom


" 'Tis better to give than to receive"

Now, while I cannot share this wisdom as my own, I learned this week, with Mom's help, that this is some pretty powerful wisdom.
You see, I am a huge fan of receiving. Love it. Treats, belly rubs, love, toys. You name it, and I am pretty excited to take it from you.

This past week, Mom was really busy getting ready for some big event on Saturday. It was a party, and I wasn't invited, so I really didn't much care what it was all about. All I knew was food was being prepared and taken out of the house, not good.


Dad was practicing music on his guitar, and then left with it. Brigitte the rocker was none too happy about that.



And there was far less lap time going around. Sluggo was extremely upset about that.



Then they left us, for like a million hours, my dinner even came late that night.Unacceptable.

I was really ready to give Mom and Dad the business. Then I heard them talking about the whole day.
I found out that the party was a fun raiser for Mom's good friend from childhood who is sick. She is one of my favorite humans.We were in Mom and Dad's wedding together.
Now, I was like, fun raiser?! What raises more fun than a pug?!
Then when Mom was talking about all the people who came together to support this one person, and how together they were able to raise a whole lot of  fun, she was kinda sad, water was coming out of her eyes.
I was officially confused.
 Then she explained that it was happy water.
That when you are able to do something that helps another person to feel better and feel loved, that it can make you feel happy.

Then I kinda, sorta, started to understand...


See, last week, I got this award from


Thanks you Emerald and Tierra!

It made me real happy.
Then I read the rules of the award...
The rules that came with this award are as follows...



1. Please thank the dog who gave this to you, and link to them.

2. Name 10 (yes 10) things about yourself. Try to be as creative as possible.

3. Then, award 15 doggie bloggers. It doesn’t matter whether they are old or new. All furends deserve this.

4.Comment on the new receivers of this award’s blog to let them know of the love.

5. And the most important: HAVE FUN!!!
 
As I was following these rules, I began to understand what Mom was talking about.
 
I really liked rule number 2,cuz I got to talk about me, which I love. Then as I continued the task and started to give out the award, I realised that when my peeps heard of the props, they would feel happy and loved like I did.
 

Then everything made sense.

So here goes on the stuff about me...(and Britte and Sluggo)

1. My favorite show is The Bad Girls Club.

2. Sluggo waits until everyone is in bed before he will jump up.

3.Brigitte never takes the direct route into the house. She crosses the yard first, then proceeds inside.

4.I like to lick bellybuttons, I have been known to stare at a humans belly until they lift their shirt, then I attack!

5.Sluggo must go to Mom if she sings out..."Wheeeeeres my Sluggy Beeee?" He can't not. He will stop what he is doing and immediately run to her, top speed. Someday she will catch it on video.

6.Brigitte only eats poop in the cool weather;.

7.If I go too long without going out to poop, I will shoot out one tiny ball. I like to leave them in hiding spots so they are petrified when the humans find them. (serves them right!)

8.Brigitte says "chihuahua" (another thing we need to capture on video)

9. I say "no" (what else?)

10.Sluggo has unequal pupils. He sees OK and he doesn't have any neurological defect. They are just unequal.

OK, now for the presentation of awards...

1. Stella, Gunther and Betty the Smush Faces
 
2. My girl Bellatrix
 
3. Kitty and Coco my sistas
 
4.My pals over at K-9 Katastrophe

5.Harry Pugalicious & Lulu

6. My buddies Benny & Lily

7.Salinger

8.Hank & O'Mally

9. Vito

10. Gus and Indy welcome back!

11. Winston Kizzy and Tika even though he's supposed to be my nemesis over at the Fire Hydrant headquarters, I still have love for Winston.

12.Yoda and Brutus

13. Roxy

14. Gen & the Foo

15. And I am giving my boyfriend Murphy another award because I can.


There you have it, Wednesdays Wisdom with some gravitas for my friends.

Don't forget, you can still submit your questions for me to answer on Wednesdays!

13 comments:

  1. We know how you feel about losing your parents to "volunteer work." Whatever. Mom does a lot of it and frankly, it's annoying sometimes. Especially when she keeps bringing more pugs into the house that we have to share with!
    But maybe that's the price we all pay for being such spoiled and adored pugs.
    That's funny about only eating poop in cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wilma, I have learned a valuable lesson from your post. I am so glad your mom was able to raise lots of "fun" for her friend. I certainly hope her friend gets well soon!

    I enjoyed learning more about you three! Brigette only eats poop in the cold weather. That's funny stuff!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wilma! Baby has popped his orb and now he's willing to share it online! He wanted to see what the pug-verse thought of his condition. He will be seeing the vet every Tuesday to check up on his condition. Our human fears that his condition won't improve and that she won't have the money to pay for his eye removal surgery....then *gulps* have to put him down because of it. Oh Wilma we need your words of wisdom. I think our human is going puggers over this orb issue. **heaves heavy sigh** I don't want to lose a brother.
    -Lulu the Worried Pug Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wilma we are glad lots of moneys were raised to helps out.

    On a lighters note when I cough hard sometimes I shoot outs a poop ball too (if not I usually just fart heee hee)!!!!

    Hugs,
    Your poop ball friend Tuni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Thank you!! Lick, Lick, Licks! Heehee! Your words of wisdon are most meaningful! When we have a question we will come to you!

    Licks,
    All the Katastrophes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh we are so glads to be past the awards. I can't wait to posts about it and list the 10 things about me! Likes you.... I luv to talks about me! Hee Hee.

    Winston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your words of wisdom Wilma.
    I know your very wise and have much understanding.
    Congratualtions on your award.. you truly deserved it.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy macaroni Wilma..that you so much for our special award!!!! It sure does mean a lot to us..and Congrats to you!
    Happee Wednesday
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA HA!!!! Bad Girls Club!!! Oh Wilma you are a riot!!!

    And Mommy was laughing at that Picture of Sluggo falling of 'da couch almost!! Snorts!!

    Congrats on your award and we hope your Momma's friend gets better!!

    We will keep her in our thoughts and pawrayers!!

    Hugs to you!!
    IzZY Sista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice award you received! Congrats.
    Your words of wisdom sure were easy to understand for us puggles and puggies. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words of wisdom made my human smile. and Lincoln and I chase our tails. Especially the facts about you. Hehe

    Muah,

    Minnie Moo and Lincoln too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the award - sorry we are late commenting on this.

    It is so much fun learning about our furiends :)

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Yoda & Brutus

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, this is what i think-- wilma you should get 1st award for the belly button buisness.
    Britte should get 2nd award. if their is one for the poop stuff. but sugest to mom to warm it up in the winter, and last but not least sluggo should get one for just being him, cause he likes to bump people well me i remember that day in your other home. But i thot it was cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails