The musings, antics and general escapades of a royal pug and her minions.
Two humans, and two more pugs

our fabulous friends

Friday, May 18, 2012

Remembering the Day I Married my Parents






Hi everyone! I was just reminiscing about the day, ten years ago, when Mom and Dad threw a big party to officially welcome me into the family. Mom got a pretty dress, and Dad even wore a tie.


I asked Mom to get out the special book where pictures from that day are kept. I thought maybe you all would like to look at it with me.




There's the official welcoming crew. Uncle Joe, Grampy, Dad, Mom, Sheila and me down in front.




Look how happy they are to have me!!!


Here I come!........








Everyone got very emotional during the official welcoming ceremony. Some guy said a bunch of stuff, and Mom and Dad kissed. Not sure what that was all about?!!! I was too busy demanding the pocket full of treats my Uncle Joey had.




After that, it was nothing but celebrating, eating and dancing!




There is my Grampy toasting to me. My nana is on the right at the bottom. Isn't she pretty? She loves me best!!! She understands that I am the number one pug!




Here is Dad dancing with Grammy. She was very happy that day ( probably cuz Dad actually agreed to dance). Mom and Sheila looked on. She really misses Sheila.


Dad only danced with Grammy and Mom.




Mom danced with everyone.








Here's nana and her sisters. They were really dancing up a storm.




It was a great day. I think we should do it again. Brigitte and Sluggo never got an official welcome.

14 comments:

  1. What a great party. You sure looked pretty.
    Licks,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a very special day, Wilma! Thanks for sharing your look back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's so nice of your pawrents to do that for you, my parents did the same thing for me, I got to walk down the isle with my Mum and my Aunty Ashley and then stood by my Mum and Dad while they said some kind of vow things! It looks like you had such a wonderful day! I love memories! Love, Licks and Hugs your Friend Frank x x x x x ps, if you haven't seen my big day go to my blog and its archived in July 2011, check out my tux! X x x X

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a special day! how nice of your parents to throw you such an amazing party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee, sounds special. Tubby got a party like that when mom and dad got him, he did not get to attend though. The party was called a wedding and Tubby was a special gift. Mom and dad had picked him out of a litter but had not brought him home yet. Mom carried his picture to the party and showed everyong

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and special day!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wilma I agrees! All pugs should gets a welcome likes you got. I am gonna have to talk to mum abouts why I never gots one. Mum says it is saids about Sheila.

    Winston

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day for humans & pugs :) Congrats to mom & dad on their anniversary...whoops, I mean pug celebration party!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And everyone was so happy! So many special moments with so much love everywhere! It is a day to remember for sure,.,
    You and your family are so lucky to be togethers.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  10. A special day and what fond memories!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful wedding! how awesome is it that wilma was able to share in the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Wilma....those are such sweet pictures. Your parents are so very lucky to have had YOU in their wedding party!

    That was some welcoming party. No wonder you're the queen!

    Hugs -

    Sarah and Hank

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special day! And might we say you look fancy!

    Lots of licks,
    Swisher and Oakley

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what a beautiful post!
    you are all a very special family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails