The musings, antics and general escapades of a royal pug and her minions.
Two humans, and two more pugs

our fabulous friends

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Part Time Puggle







Hi everybody! We had a part time puggle on staff today for a few hours. I am sanctioning a guest post from my Mom so she can tell you about how her and Dad participated in an emergency transport of a puggle named Crampton from here in Connecticut up to Brattleboro, VT.

Normally, as you know, I like things when they are all about me. But today's situation called for special exemption, so I held things down here at home base. I told Brigitte what was going down. She understands as her story was not all that different from Crompton's when she came to live with us. But we didn't tell the little freak. If he ever knew that another sweet boy was making eyes at his Mommy, and nuzzling up all tender, we would have had a real situation on our paws.

He came here to our house, but we didn't get to sniff his butt. He just had a potty break before he was off to his forever home. It was for the best we didn't throw down paws, cuz we didn't want to stress him out.





So without further adieu, here's the Mom to tell you more, and to show you some more pictures. Take it away Mom!!!

"Ahem, thank you Wilma. Hi folks! As Wilma said, my husband and I took a drive up to Vermont to cover a leg of a transport to get this puggle to his new forever home. Thanks to Karen Powers of Green Mountain Pug Rescue for putting out the call, and arranging for the rescue of this sweet little owner surrender. It was a last minute thing on the part of the owner and the little guys fate would have been much different if it weren't for a bunch of very generous people and a lovely family who have taken him in. I have a feeling they are going to have a wonderful new addition to their family. This boy is so sweet. He has some skin and ear issues, and needs his shots. But, he will be going to the vet in the morning and will be well on the way to good health and happiness! Here are a few pictures"




In the car. I sat in back with him while Todd drove. He required almost as much attention as Sluggo!












As we were getting close to our destination, he finally settled down and dozed off. So sweet.



I have a video with Crompton singing for gas money. He's a howler, and I swear he said I love you to Todd. When blog press stops being a dick, maybe I will be able to post it. Until then, you'll just have to trust me!



At the Agway where we met the next driver, after shopping for a new treat.

Crompton made it safe and sound to his new family. He has had a bath, gone shopping at the Petco for treats and a harness. And he has a new name tag with a new name. Frankie!

Best of luck to Frankie, may you have a long and happy life with your new family!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new family Frankie!
    Wilma, thank you for turning over your blog today so your mom could tell us such a nice story.
    Licks,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilma and Wilma's Mom,

    That's awesome. Wilma for sharing and Wilma's mom for helping someone find their forever home. It always touches both Lincoln and I's hearts when we hear about a lost doggy that needs a home. So great. Thanks for sharing.

    Muah,

    Minnie Moo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing these happy ending stories! You guys are so generous to help Frankie out in his journey.
    Love,
    Payton
    PS. The pictures aren't loading for me, so I'll have to come back and look at the cuteness later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wilma it's still all about you and how special you and your pawrents are for helping another puggy
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures didn't load for me, either but that is an an awesome story and I'm so glad that Frankie has a new forever home! Pug Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh brother! I can't see the pictures either, and that's the best part. Damn this blogpress! I will have mom get right on it when she gets home late tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are so great for doing this for Charlie (Crompton)! I'm a puggle so it's extra special for me. Sadly, we can't see his sweet face either! *%$#&* to Blogpress.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back and the pictures are visible now...they are great! Frankie is a cutie and he looks so happy!
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome that your parents helped Frankie get to his new home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh such big hearts you have to help little Frankie! This has such a happy ending,, that I am smiling! Frankie is so adorables
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails