The musings, antics and general escapades of a royal pug and her minions.
Two humans, and two more pugs

our fabulous friends

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wilma's Wednesday Words of Wisdom




Save your best material for when it really counts

Good day friends. Some of you may find this weeks wisdom rather difficult to employ. It will go against your very core. That's OK. Just enjoy the read, and observe the master.


I have held on to this particular nugget of wisdom for a long time now. It is one of the primary traits that gives me my status as a wise old pug. I am now sharing it with you my friends, because I feel you have reached the point where you can truly understand it's value.


It is no secret that I can tend to be aloof at times, almost cat like in nature. If you have that independent, devil may care kind of attitude, like I do, this little tidbit of advice will be right up your alley. When you have the confidence to be able to do your own thing, the humans really appreciate when you do something totally out of character. And at the end of the day, that is what it is all about. Making sure our people know how much we love them. I know, sounds corny, but even though I am a diva, many of you know I have a tender side too.

Allow me to provide you with an example of what I mean by material. One day, in the not so distant past, Mom came home and I knew something wasn't right. I could tell she was sad, and not in a "stressed out" kind of way. This went deeper. Sometimes, you can present with some comic relief, to lighten the mood, but this wasn't one of those times. So, completely out of character, this is more of a Sluggo/Brigitte move, I jumped up on the couch and nuzzled up next to her. I turned, looked at her, and gave her my best "I love you Mom, and everything will be OK" look. then a little while later, I threw in a few fish breath kisses, just for extra impact.

I know we pugs, and other furry types, provide lots of comfort and happiness to our people on a daily basis, but it really feels good when we can throw in a little something extra when they really need us to.






In closing, I would like to share a little wisdom from my Grammy. She included it in a comment to last weeks wisdom post and I liked it so much, I wanted to be sure everyone got a chance to see it. It goes like this...

Blessings happen to those who notice

7 comments:

  1. Oh Wilma!!
    IzZY here!! I'z love thiz!! I too am a diva and think like you.

    I like your words.. I really like your Grammy's words too!! So beauTeefuls..
    (don't tell anyone I'z said 'dat)

    Thiz was nice posty

    Hugs,
    IzZY

    pee-s
    Anakin said something about telling a certain someone he likes extra chunky peanuts??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wilma we love your nugget of wisdom
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wise wilma posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Wilma. Whatever was making your Mommy sad, I know you helped by doling out some of your very rare kisses. I'm sure she was touched. Way to go little doggie!

    Love y'all
    Gram
    XXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome words of wisdom, Wilma. How are you surviving the snow. I heard that CT got walloped pretty bad.

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sage you are, Wilma. When mom is really sick with a migraine or strep throat like two months ago, we try really hard to not fight like hockey players. We don't even bother her about pottying. We just do it on the floor.
    We have much to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. southern fried pugs. I had to laugh at that one.
    It was hilarious, that made my day, about not bothering your parents and doing it on the floor, im still laughing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails