The musings, antics and general escapades of a royal pug and her minions.
Two humans, and two more pugs

our fabulous friends

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wilma's Wednesday Words of Wisdom ~ Advice for the Humans Edition



"What's Stress?"

Hi everybody, this week I am devoting my post to the humans out there. I have been hearing this word stress a lot lately. I am not sure exactly what it is. I have never experienced it myself, but I don't think it is a good thing. They often use this word with a phrase like, "I need to relax" or "This is driving me crazy". I know we pugs are pretty good a chilling out, and letting things roll off our fur. So I figured, maybe if these humans employed some pug wisdom to their lives, the stress would go away.
So here are a few pointers.
I invite all you pugs out there to share what helps you to relax and feel good too.
Together we can help our people prioritize the important things in life.


Take time for yourself. Even if it is only a minute or two at a time.
use that time to count your blessings...


like a good bowl of food. Eating well will give you the energy you need to make it through


Snuggle your pug. Studies show that just petting an animal can lower your blood pressure. As if you needed another excuse.


Surround yourself with good friends. No one wants to go it alone.


Don't forget to play. 
(note sock monkey bed with his dehissed surgical wound, he is scheduled for surgery to repair the wound tomorrow)



Get your share of treats. No day is complete without at least one treat.



Keep the things you cherish close to you, they can always offer comfort.



Get plenty of rest.

I hope that you humans are able to add some of these activities to your daily routines.
I think you'll find that this thing you call stress will just melt away.
After all, we need you in tip top shape to cater to us pugs!

19 comments:

  1. I so need the Woman to get me a pug to snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wilma! OMG how did I miss your blogaversary?! I blame my secretary. HAPPY 1 YEAR! xoxox

    And I love these stress-reducing tips. I am forwarding this onto my pawrents.

    Love,
    Pearly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of all three of them snuggled together...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great words of wisdome for chillaxing! Humans need to be more like pugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally put things into perspective. I try to help my 'rents destress as much as possible. I did hear mom claim I cause it sometimes and a white hair appearing on October 14, 2009, that was never there before. Funny that's the day I came to live with them...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh before I forget, you guys are in front of glorious bags of my food! That's what I eat, the EEVO...yummers!! I saw that I had a mini foodgasm. Glorious food

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice advises Wilma!! Momma was reading over my Josie shoulder bump... hers also tinks 'da pho-toes of you alls are sweet!
    Tanks for 'dis posty :)

    hugs,
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  8. playing, walking, car rides and snuggling are the best. You guy are awfully cute
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wilma
    First of all your header photo is PAWSOME!
    And all the photos in this post as precious.
    Words of wisdom , that only Wima can give,,,
    your the best Wilma,,,!!
    I think you touched on everything.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Advice! Love all the photos, too. Now what's that you were saying about treats.....gotta run I want a treat! Oh ... mom....look at my beautiful brown eyes....blink, blink...(my mom is a softy for my big beautiful eyes...works every time - I'll have that treat in no time at all.)
    Pug Hugs,
    Little Jane Austen Eyre

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual, Wilma, your words are indeed wise and we humans could benefit from heeding them. I want to add a phrase that I keep near my computer.
    "Blessings happen to those who notice." We all have so many more than we realize and the love you provide to our family is right at the top of our list along with that of our human family members (and the kitties of course!) What more could a person ask?

    XXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the list -- and the pics! nobody, but nobody, can snooze like a pug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wilma the Wise,

    You are so right! If humans lived like us pugs then the world would be a better place (umm, but we do wonder who would go out and buy the kibble?! - LOL)

    Love the new header!
    Pearl & Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great advice as always. Mum is always saying "If only I were a pug". The over-head pic of you three is our most favorite pic ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pearls of wisdom, :) i love the pug pile photo, i'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your advice is all so wise! we surely must try some of your techniques when the new semester starts the the homework piles up again!

    JD & Ringo send pug hugs to all of you lovely puggies (and handsome, too, Sluggo!).

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wilma where did you learn all of these things? You are truly wise beyond your years. PS we love your new blog header picture thingie! Oh you three look like you have so much fun.

    Later!
    Vito

    ReplyDelete
  18. we might have to borrow one of you
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. and yes wilma you are so wise and and i hope that you do realize your parents(PAWENTS)
    ARE THE ONES TO THANK WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.cAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails